Business Valuation Professional
Do you have experience in the field of business valuation and have a strong background in financial analysis? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, possess the desire to be an important part of a team-oriented culture and participate in firm decision-making, and passion for challenging and stimulating work with exciting clients in a boutique firm setting that fosters work-life balance and commitment to excellence?
Convergent Capital Appraisers (CCA) is seeking a full-time professional to join the CCA team and assist in the valuation of closely held operating businesses, family investment entities and valuations for a variety of other financial assets.
As an integral member of the CCA team, you will be responsible for developing financial models, performing economic and industry research, managing the valuation process toward the generation of reports that are submitted to our clients, serving as trusted advisor to and strengthening ties with existing clients and cultivating growth opportunities with new customers, and performing certain day-to-day administrative tasks. You will be constantly challenged and have the ability to assume responsibility in accordance with your experience and capabilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in client meetings and interacting with clients to gather data;
- Building financial models and performing financial and valuation analysis;
- Conducting research;
- Applying valuation methodologies;
- Writing reports for client use that effectively communicate the underlying analysis applied, valuation methodologies used and value conclusions; and
- Identifying new engagement opportunities with new and/or existing clients.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Four-year undergraduate degree necessary; emphasis in finance, economics or accounting preferred;
- MBA degree or CPA license a plus;
- Certification/license such as ASA, CFA, ABV, CVA, or AVA; or demonstrated progress toward the attainment of such qualifications desirable;
- 3+ years of progressive experience in public accounting or consulting with experience in business valuation/financial analysis ins a must.
Our ideal candidates will also have the following knowledge, skills, & abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of valuation concepts and methodology, financial theory and general accounting issues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills;
- Proficient technical and analytical computer skills (primary Excel and Word);
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments, but also excel in a team-oriented work environment;
- Practice development and/or client relationship management experience a plus.
Please note that relocation is not included with this position -
to apply please e-mail: email@example.com
*We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, sexual preference, veteran state, national origin, disability status, or any other protected class status.
"I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your team"
"I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for all your hard work on providing an opinion of fair market value regarding membership interests of my Company."- Principle of a privately-held investment management company